[DeTomaso] key not working

deserttwist at juno.com deserttwist at juno.com
Wed Jan 26 16:30:51 EST 2011

Hi guys, I am having a little problem with my key.  At times the key won't go all the way in so that you can turn it.  The trim ring seems to get stuck in and I have to get a little screw driver and force it to pop out so that the key can go all the way in to start the car.  Has anyone else had this problem and what should I do about it.  Can I get a whole new locking and key system or just spray it with some kind of oil?  I am affraid to drive somewhere and take the key out or I may not be able to get home.  Embarrassing when driving such a nice car! HELP!  Sue