[DeTomaso] Spa Italia Tour 2011

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:29:52 EST 2011

Hi All,

I sent the following e-mail to attendees of last year’s Le Mans classic
tour, but thought I would post the same information on the Forum in case
there is a lurker somewhere who I don’t know.

We’d love to meet you! Here’s the text:

Hi all!

I’ve had a draft of the following document ready for some time, but have had
difficulty getting confirmation from certain hotels in Belgium. I have
decided that I will send out the invitation “as-is”, knowing that one of the
hotels may change between now and the event. In any case, the first and last
hotels are already confirmed, so we know when and where we are starting.
When I get confirmation from the last hotel I will make whatever
modifications are necessary, if any, and advise.

As time gets closer I also hope to flesh out the activities a little more,
but it would be helpful for me to get a feeling for how many people are
interested. There have been a lot of questions floating around the Internet
over the past few weeks, and I hope that this document answers some of them.

I’ve included on copy everyone who attended last year’s tour, as well as
people who have enquired about this year’s trip. With 50 people on copy, it
is highly probable to have left someone important off, so please feel free
to forward to anyone who you don’t see copied, along with my apologies.

The smallest hotel has 20 rooms for us, and I already know of roughly half
that number who has indicated that they’ll be attending the tour. As always,
rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Note that some
of the hotels have two price structures – the Superior Rooms are €15 more
per night. They will also be assigned in order of date of request. If the
hotels fill up, I will do what I can to find an alternate nearby, although
it won’t be as pretty as the main hotel ;-)

Based on background noise, I’m expecting quite a turnout for the Spa weekend
at least.

If you have any questions, let me know! The link to the invite is here: