[DeTomaso] The magic of the second opinion

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Jan 22 15:00:57 EST 2011

Thanks to all of your recommendations for me to get a second opinion on my radiator leak.  After getting a quote for a $450 repair, I got a referral from a very good car guy in town named Larry Rebsman to another shop.  I went there and it turns out the owner's father started out repairing tractor radiators in Omaha, Nebraska many years ago.  The owner told me he still does things "old school" and uses low temperature natural gas instead of acetylene, which is better, apparently, and he could probably fix the radiator for $75!

I'll find out next week if it actually is fixed successfully.  I wouldn't have believed it was possible to have that kind of price differential, and wouldn't have even checked if the forum hadn't made the suggestion.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Chris