[DeTomaso] evaporator/heater unit

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Fri Jan 21 23:22:26 EST 2011

My gracious tutors,
I'm looking for any advice on removing the "instrument panel" in order to inspect/fix/replace my evaporator/heater unit.
It really needs to be done in order to make the system the best it can be,besides the condensor placement.
Anybody have any tips or links to assist in this most fun task?
I did a few searches and couldn't find a definitive step by step and the manual is vague. I really don't want to damage anything that has been in place for 4 decades if I can avoid it and I want it to be better,not worse after I'm done.
Actually I'm somewhat ,ok I'll say it, excited to see about the only part of the car I haven't explored yet! Plus I'll finally get a chance to see the last remaining original yellow paint!
I've got plenty of beer and bandaids....

Thanks in advance to the best ol' email forum around,
Matt
3584