[DeTomaso] Coil overs

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 14:49:46 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/20/11 11 38 39, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Summit Racing sell the QA1's (single or double adjustables) if you want a
> price comparison to vendors the single adjustables are about $200 a corner
> with spring.
>
>>>But, you'd still have to buy or make the adapters to enable them to bolt
to a Pantera chassis, so the vendors are selling theirs at a very
reasonable price IMHO.

> >If you decide to change spring rates the springs alone run about $30 ea,
> no need to sell the shocks like Mikey did....
>
>>>That's definitely what I would have done, had I known.   Larry was
supposed to be selling me 450/550 springs like everybody else uses and that's
what I assumed I had; I bounced around for years before finally selling them,
only to discover shortly afterwards that my problem was due to the inadequate
spring rates.

They are okay for street use, but I push my car pretty hard and the springs
became a factor.   The fellow who bought them from me was looking for pure
street setup.   I did subsequently advise him to at least raise the rear
spring rates, but as far as I know he hasn't installed them on his car yet....