[DeTomaso] Water temp. sendor

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 02:18:55 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/19/11 7:46:29 PM, shawkins777 at comcast.net writes:

> Is there a way to check the temperature gauge to see if it works?  I
> thought that the water temperature sensor was a Ford part but, I went to change
> mine and discovered it's a Veglia sensor. Am I just remembering wrong?

Must be a Euro part; every U.S. Pantera I've ever seen did have a Ford
sender- which was part of the problem: mismatched sender-to-gauge. Easiest way
to check the block temp is with an IR gun: shoot the block around the
sender.... your sender IS in the block under the thermostat, isn't it?
Next problem: most U.S Panteras had one of two different resistors taped
into the sender line to bring the calibration closer. I found the latest
0-260F gauge needed NO resistor, in our car.
Have fun- J DeRyke