[DeTomaso] POCA Forum

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jan 17 13:21:48 EST 2011

Yes, I've been a member of the PI forum since Dave Adler first started
it years ago, as have others on this same email "list."

Did -you- know that POCA already has a forum?  Yes, that's right, POCA
has an online forum in no way remotely tied to -this- email list.  See
it here:
http://www.poca.com/index.php/forum
... and it has bee around for a few years ever since the POCA web site
was restructured.  So I fail to see your point.

Yes, the forum software used on the POCA site is "different" than what
PI uses.  But you can still subscribe to forums, get emails about new
postings -and- you can get an RSS feed.  POCA uses Fireboard because
it's a seamlessly integrated forum to the Content Management System
chosen to be the front end for the new POCA site.  If "subscribing" is
that big a deal, just get the RSS Feed, which the POCA forum appears to
have but I've not been able to find on the PI forum.  Could POCA use the
same software PI does?  Certainly, it's not that big a deal.  People
talk about getting into the 21st Century, how about an RSS Feed?  That's
even more cutting edge than going out and browsing forums on a web
page.  Have the posting headlines delivered right to your browser click
on the ones you are interested in and it opens them up.

... and here is my basic pet peave (I don't intend on being politically
correct about it either because I'm tired of the argument), why does
this bitch come up every now and then?  If you like one over the other
just go DO IT, quit your whining.  PI has a -beautiful- forum, why the
hell should POCA try to re-invent it?  Just to put the name POCA on it?
Why?  Get over it and just go use it if that's what you want (many here
already do).  Quit bitching that this "email format list" is so archaic,
in the dark ages, outdated, outmoded, etc.  If you don't like it, quit
using it.  If you're afraid the knowledgeable masses you rely on here
won't go, don't be so sure, many of them are -already- trolling the PI
Forum.  Yea, that's right, many folks getting -this- very email are
already members of the PI Forum and already use it.  It seems to me
-some- people simply want someone -here- to put a nail in this coffin,
pull the plug and FORCE everyone to a different paradigm.

You know, if Larry Finch happens to make a great posting on the PI
board, with photos and replicated web pages, and all that....  and
people on this email list miss it, will the world end?  I don't think
so. (no offense Larry)

So, what's your point again?

I'm sorry if this seems insensitive to some but it's like the argument
that a Corvette drives so much better than a Pantera.  Well then, go and
buy the f...... Corvette.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie