[DeTomaso] Subject: Why is it hard to start cars that have been

Rich hoppe1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 16 14:21:00 EST 2011

One other possiblity is if the fuel line empties back into the tank.
The fuel pump could be allowing the fuel to siphon back if the check valves
in the pump let it or the bango fitting lets air enter and allow the line in
the tank to empty back to the tank.
If the bango fitting does not seal completely the fuel pump has to overcome
the suction loss at start up.  After it starts up it continues to allow some
air but the fuel pump can overcome it.
25 years ago I had a hard starting problem and after I replaced the fuel
line and worked on the bango fitting it started right up.  This was the only
thing I could figure was the reason.
Rich