[DeTomaso] Hinge spring for gas filler gill

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 14:52:00 EST 2011

If your home-made spring works, MIke- don't worry about it. The loads are
incredibly low and its more for vibration resistence. FWIW, I made a
right-side gill of fiberglas, and duplicated the stock left-side opeing cap,hinge
and spring so I could route the radiator cap up behind a hinged opening, just
like the fuel filler. This was in 1998- and my home made spring (of
half-hard 2024 aluminum) for rad fill is still nice 'n tight. Likely your handiwork
will outlive you! Cheers- J Deryke