[DeTomaso] NPC - Help, I have a virus - what do I do

Szwab,Konrad,HOUSTON,IT Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Fri Jan 14 10:31:26 EST 2011

Glad to be of service. I have used combofix for a long time. There are a few things it cannot fix and running also jst to make sure hitman pro 3.5 and TDSSKiller helps the peace of mind.

From: Dick Koch [mailto:arkoch at earthlink.net]
Sent: 2011-01-14 09:31
To: Szwab,Konrad,HOUSTON,IT
Cc: JJD1010 at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: NPC - Help, I have a virus - what do I do

Konrad, I can't thank you enough for the advice on Combofix.

I have been fighting a virus for the last two months on one of my computers that manifested itself as a "svchost" problem with no success.  I used all matter of virus and malware tools to eliminate the nagging problem.  All the advice on forums associated with the symptoms of the problem did not provide any fix.

When I ran Combofix, it found a boot virus, along with several other problems and fixed them.  I would recommend to everyone to use this free tool on an ongoing basis.  It doesn't have a fancy user interface, running in a cmd window, but it sure gets the job done.

Again, thanks for the tip.

Dick Koch - Atlanta