[DeTomaso] Why is it hard to start cars that havebeensitting for months?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:22:36 EST 2011

okay, so if it smells like fuel, then my bet would be an over-rich
mixture when cold.
****If that were the case, it should do it after sitting overnight if I
start on a cold morning. This isn't the case (despite not having a choke).
It only starts cylinder-by-cylinder if it has been sitting for months.

Maybe, maybe not.  Either way the problem is most likely either too
much fuel or too much oil in the cylinder.
***Too much fuel is a possibility, but why?

Don't wait four months this time, wait one week and see if the problem
is the same.
****Well I hope I don't have to wait 4 months, but temps are back around
freezing so I'm not sure I have much choice. In any case, "problem" is
relative - I'm not really suffering a problem, am just curious what is
happening. Thanks for the ideas!

Asa Jay