[DeTomaso] GTS Questions

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 00:21:13 EST 2011

2, Do these factory GTS models with the riveted flares truly allow for a wider
rear wheel when compared to a standard early narrow bodied car?

>>>(For the USA GTS) No.
In their original installation, the flare rides over the still present standard fender.
Some registry photos show the GTS flare with the standard fender underneath.

Or are they just tacked onto the stock fenders thus limited by the same fender clearance
as a standard, non GTS car?

>>>Correct.

3. How many GTS cars were produced worldwide? I've heard 98 or 138 for US spec
GTS cars.

>>>There are 150 USA Spec GTS Panteras.  Currently the number of non-USA GTS Panteras
produced is unknown.

.what about the rest? How rare are the Euro GTS models here?

>>>There are quite a number of Euro-GTS Panteras in the USA according to a registry
search.

Chuck

Thanks!
LS