[DeTomaso] Alternator question

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Jan 11 22:16:40 EST 2011

6143 has a Gilmer drive that services waterpump, alternator and AC.
Chuck & I were speculating on the need for a Gilmer in a street car and
we underestimated the alternator load.
Re-thinking that; you're right, 150 amps is a V-belt problem,
  even if that's only during the battery recharge cycle after a start.
dave