[DeTomaso] Alternator question

robert stewart rspink2012 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 11:50:23 EST 2011

 I am making some modifications to the air conditioning system. The condensor has been moved to the front of the rad. To increase the air flow I have added two sucker fans and two pusher fans. They are mounted and the do fit. A tight fit.

The 4 fans draw 58 amps. I am estimating the blower motor at 5 amps, the lights at 16 amps and the ignition at say 2 amps. For about 81amps total while running the AC at night. I live in Houston so a pretty frequent event when summer evenings cool to 88 with 90% humidity.

This all brings me to the need for a bigger alternator. Any suggestions for types of alternators and sources to get them?

Thanks

Rob