[DeTomaso] NPC - Europe's July/August holiday

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 16:44:43 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/9/11 13 41 12, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> Charlie, please explain something I've always wondered about.
>
> If everyone goes on holiday in July/August, who is left to take  care of
> all the tourists, hotels, restaurants, etc?

The people in those industries have a different schedule.

I stayed in a wonderful resort in Corvara, Italy this past September.   We
asked them about their lives since they work during tourist season.   They
simply explained that the entire hotel shuts down for two months (!) in the
fall, and two months (!) in the spring.   They open for ski season in
December, shut down at the end of March, open again in June and shut down at the
end of September.