[DeTomaso] Pantera Parts Weights

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 21:12:30 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/6/11 1:19:00 PM, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> I'd like to know (for a GT5) what the wrinkled leather seats, the Delta
> wing and the US spec (big, rubber "L" or Amerisport) front bumper weighs.

To my knowlege, there is no published list of parts weights beyond what
I've done. I've spent 20 years removing weight from every part of our street
Pantera, but unfortunately for you, I started with a '72 'L' narrow body. The
rubber front bumper off that car weighed 26 lbs, the one-piece steel L rear
bumper weighed 12 lbs while the 4 steel & rubber bumper rams collectively
weigh 26 lbs, to total 64 lbs plus the weight of all the bolts. Dunno on the
seats or the wing, or if the Amerisport parts are different enough to weigh
more or less. Good question for Kirk Evans who still runs Amerisport. Good
luck- J DeRyke