[DeTomaso] Window motor replacement recommendations

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 14:02:37 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/6/11 8:26:13 AM, jim.mannion at mannion.info writes:

> Also found the Vadar replacements. Couldn’t find any videos of the
> replacements people have done but perhaps there are some out there. The Vader are
> a bit pricey but may be the easiest??

Indeed. It took me exactly 1/2 hr per side, including removal of the inner
door panels and old parts to install Vaders. That included the time it took
to scrape undercoating off part of one inside door skin so the window would
go down ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM- one more advantage that cannot be gotten
with stock linkage no matter what motor drives the system. The reason there
is no step-by step video for Vaders is, its so bone-simple to install them
that a video is completely unnecessary. Photos are included in Ted's
instruction sheet with the parts. I reviewed the installation in Judy's car in the
Oct 2006 POCA News. Still happy with my installation-
J DeRyke, '72 L narrow-body