[DeTomaso] stock vs. upgraded

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 12:31:24 EST 2011

 Mike wrote:

Sure, some of the alternative (window motor) setups are faster. But do you really need a
glass guillotine in your door? If it takes two seconds to raise the
window with the stock setup, and the modified setup can do it in 1.2 seconds, so
what?

I just don't get it...somebody explain it to me?

Hmmmm. How about this view?

Do you really need a 400-plus HP stroker motor in your engine bay? If it takes 6.2 seconds to get to 60mph with the stock engine,
and the modified engine can do it in 5.5 seconds, so what?

------

With apologies to Sir Edmund Hilary:

Because we can.  :-)

Larry - With Taurus motors sitting on a shelf. Sitting alongside the upgraded evaporator, the 3-speed HVAC fan motor, an electric-valved
            Accusump tank, alarm system with automatic window roll-up and door lock (door lock solenoids, too) and one-touch window up-down function,
            matching VDO oil temp gauge, new 3/4" bore clutch CNC master................ and waaaay too many more ideas in my creative brain