[DeTomaso] Window motor replacement recommendations

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 12:07:15 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/6/11 9 00 39, grayjim at att.net writes:

> Well said.  I don't have a clue why I have kept that junk that I
> removed.  As
> you say, the chances of anyone wanting to reinstall the stuff are nil.

And I, for one, have always pondered why people go through such enormous
efforts to change the system anyway?   The plastic gears are the weak link in
the system, but once the gears have been replaced with brass gears, there's
absolutely nothing wrong with the way the stock system works (assuming it's
set up properly with no binding etc.)

Sure, some of the alternative setups are faster.   But do you really need a
glass guillotine in your door?   If it takes two seconds to raise the
window with the stock setup, and the modified setup can do it in 1.2 seconds, so
what?

I just don't get it...somebody explain it to me?