[DeTomaso] NPC Dual Brake Master Cylinders Question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 19:48:08 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/5/11 13 02 58, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> When installing dual (separate) brake master cylinders with a balance
> bar, is there a general protocol for which side cylinder feeds front or rear
> brakes? Is is std practice to have a brake light switch in the front circuit
> or the rear circuit?

Although there's no hard-and-fast rule, generally it seems the outboard one
feeds the front brakes and the inboard feeds the rear, if my memory is
correct.   More importantly, usually the front and rear master cylinders have
different bore sizes.   The kits that I've installed that came from Dennis
Quella were clearly marked "F" and "R".

It probably makes no difference which circuit you plumb the brake light
switch into, but I'd be inclined to put it in the front circuit...just because.