[DeTomaso] NPC - Bleach on asphalt

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:23:06 EST 2011

I had a skunk walk up onto our asphalt driveway today. (Side note - several buzzards were on the ground tracking him).  I tried to shoo him away, but he kept coming toward the house, which raised concens that he may have rabies.  I got my .22 rifle and shot him (we live in the country).  After carefully burying the body out in the pasture, I was concerned about the pool of blood left on the asphalt.  Knowing what gasoline would do to the asphalt, I decided to put chlorox bleach on it to kill any possible germs.
About 4 hours later, I got the water hose (we're down here in Houston) and was washing all the blood/bleach away, and lo and behold, the asphalt started coming loose, as if I had doused it with gas/solvent.  So, that's my point - apparently, don't put bleach on asphalt (we also call it blacktop here).
Also, NPC - I was watching some old "Our Gang"/"Little Rascals" movies, and it was very interesting to see what they made back in the 1930's.  On one of them the "kids" made an amusement park, with a roller coaster, and a water roller coaster.  Everything was powered by hand.
   --Bill Lewis