[DeTomaso] Barrett-Jackson Pantera's

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:26:22 EST 2011

Yup, Speed had reruns of BJ on recently and I had not seen that car go across the block previously. I was in the garage working (the garage TV just stays on Speed channel), needless to say I stopped what I was doing as the price kept climbing. All in it went for $88K with buyers premium.....

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1241.2&aid=304&pop=1

I always get the feeling that it depends who you are as to how much they work the bidding; some lots seem to fall short with bidders stil in the room, others they'll slog to death, just my opinion but even the Speed commentators noticed it enough to comment that "money was left on the table" on one car.

That Group 4 sure sounds a beauty, but no photos. One woudl expect a car modified to that extent to at least be known to the community, but it still amazes me that I come across Pantera's or owners on my doorstep that no one locally knows about. I was out in the Ultima Christmas Eve (last minute shopping :>)) and some guys came over to look at it, we got talking and one turns to the other ands says to his buddy "how do you think it compares to your Pantera", turns out this guy is non active local member with a '72!

Julian