[DeTomaso] Battery Power Loss

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 01:23:23 EST 2011

Sean,

Car batteries typically have about 80 ampere-hours in them when charged so a
250 mA draw will drain a car battery in about 320 hours or about two weeks,
which is not good.  I'd take all the fuses out (keep track of which one goes
where where though) and try the meter test again.  You may have skipped a
fuse and taking them all out will rule out this possibility.  If you still
get a 250 mA draw then disconnect the alternator.  Since your needle is
pegging quickly, be sure to not leave the meter connected very long our
you'll blow its internal fuse (or if it doesn't have an internal fuse you
may damage the meter).

Doug