[DeTomaso] Techno question: (second dumb question of the year)Speedo cable

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 00:33:07 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/2/11 18 53 20, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> Kudos to Dennis for doing that.
> That's quality.
>
>>>Absolutely--that's how Dennis rolls!
>
> >What maintenance could be done to prevent seizure of the angle drive?
> Can it be removed and filled w grease without the risk of anything
> breaking or falling inside the transaxle?
>
>>>I think it's a sealed unit, impossible to service.   I still have the
broken pieces I referenced earlier, sitting next to my kitchen sink, where
they were set about eight months ago when we did the job (!).   It seems that
the various pieces are set in place, and then covers are press-fit into
place.   I   don't know how you would get it apart other than perhaps hammering
it apart?   That probably wouldn't be good for it.