[DeTomaso] Parts Recommendation

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 22:05:23 EST 2011

Happy New Year to all!
It is time for me to tackle a long overdue project on my “To Do” list. I am pulling off my Mind Train headers for ceramic coating. While they are off for refinishing I will be replacing the motor mount rubber (Thanks to Steve Wilkinson for the great Holiday special!)  Here are a few questions for those of you that have tackled this task in the past. Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Motor Mount bolts – I have read threads saying Grade 8 is too hard and won’t flex, to use Grade 5.
Header gaskets - Is copper the best for a good seal?  Found a set by “Flat-out “#7015C.015C# 75705CHeader bolts - Any recommendations? Found a set called “Ramp –Lok”   anyone ever use them?