[DeTomaso] Techno question: (second dumb question of the year) Speedo cable

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Jan 1 21:25:39 EST 2011

Find somebody with smaller hands?  Hey, I'm King of the obvious.

It is rather easy to detach the cable.  Just run your hand up the cable from
under the dash until you get to the base and start twisting.  It is much
harder to get it back in once you get it out.

Mine made a noise while on the road about 9 months ago. Any time I went over
40 MPH, there was a ticking and the speedo would jump around.  I had it
unscrewed from the driver's seat a minute after I pulled over.  I think it
was Asa who suggested the motor oil trick and funnel, but I had to hook a
drill to the other end to work the oil in. Well, it worked like a champ and
saved me from buying another speedo or cable....at least for now

Rob (no longer has to compute speed by the tach) DuMoulin