[DeTomaso] Techno question: (second dumb question of the year) Speedo cable

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Jan 1 20:55:31 EST 2011

Dear Forum,

                  The speedo quit about the time I heard a funny noise.  I
suspect that was the last of the speedo cable.

                   It looks like I need to disconnect the cable from the
speedometer to do the job.  The problem is  that my big hands don't seem to
fit back there to unscrew the connection.   It looks like Plan B might be to
unscrew the three (?) screws that hold the speedo unit in the dash and pull
it forward, which would then provide access to the rear of the unit and
permit the cable's removal, but that also runs into the big hands and small
space issue.

               Any practical advice for this dumb, but awkward task?

                               Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles