[DeTomaso] First dumb Question of the year

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Sat Jan 1 15:52:26 EST 2011

>From Wikipedia:

Contrary to popular belief, the Modular engine did not get its name from its design or sharing of certain parts among the engine family. Instead, the name was derived from a manufacturing plant protocol, "Modular", where the plant and its tooling could be changed out in a matter of hours to manufacture different versions of the engine family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine