[DeTomaso] Pantera Damper and crank pulley

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 14:38:39 EST 2011

I'm getting ready to drop the engine and ZF back in and putting the crank pulley, AC, and alternator on the engine.  The engine had a generic alternator bracket (not a Pantera AC/alternator bracket) and no AC compressor.  I'm not sure if the crank pulley is the right one.  It won't fit a typical flat faced aftermarket damper because the mounting surface of the pulley is recessed inside the crank pulley.  It will bolt to an OEM damper, but not a flat faced after market damper.

Does anyone know if I have a Pantera crank pulley, or what the specs are for a Pantera crank pulley?  Is there a billet pulley that has the right dimensions?

thanks,

Ken