[DeTomaso] Christchurch Pantera--minor casualty

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 01:13:22 EST 2011

Hi guys,

Long-time folks will remember Dave Waddingham, a Christchurch (New Zealand)
Pantera owner who was a fixture at the POCA Fun Rally in the 1990s.   I was
concerned with Christchurch got schwacked with that monster earthquake last
weekend and contacted him.   He wrote:

====

It's nice to hear from you and your thoughts are appreciated. We are all
feeling very lucky at the moment. Although New Zealand is on a fault line
Christchurch has never been considered a quake zone. Most times quakes only
happen in remote unpopulated areas so this one is has come as a bit of a shock.
Mom and Dad have left town to visit relatives for a while. I was driving in
town when the quake struck and thought I had a flat tyre at first. The van
was diving all over the road. It was quite a handful. I didn't realize how
bad the quake had been until I got back to work. Unfortunately my drill press
fell and hit the Pantera's hood. Only miner damage which I can fix myself.
I'm giving a lot more consideration to shelving and bolting equipment down.
We've had 4,000 after shocks from the last quake in September 2010. I hope
this is the last big one we have to deal with.

====

Sounds like it could have been much worse for him!   I'm glad he's okay...

Mike