[DeTomaso] Cain (Auspeed) Cleveland IDF Manifold

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 06:10:09 EST 2011

any thoughts/prices/research on the combined parts like carbs, linkage,  air
cleaners?

Michael Shortt
On Feb 26, 2011 1:21 AM, "Julian Kift" <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Many years ago there was a Cleveland IDF pattern IR manifoild manufactured
by Cain in Australia. It has sadly been out of production for many years and
became 'unobtainium', leaving the only option for those wanting to use a
Weber IDF carb setup to obtain an IDA style anifold and use IDF adapters.
The adapters raise the carbs significantly, requiring removal of the screen
and decklid notching like IDA's. The IDF carbs are reputedly more streetable
than the IDA's and the Cain manifold maintains the carbs low enough it
allows use of the IDF's with filters all of which will clear the
decklid/screen.

> I few years ago Auspeed acquired the rights to the Cain manifold and I
have been following the progress of production of the IDF manifold by
Auspeed. That manifold is now available and I have been quoted AUS$825 +
shipping (from Australia). With the US greenback in the dumps, there isn't
much on current exchange rates and the manifold works out at US$810.
Previously Auspeed alluded to a discount for a group buy, so dual purpose of
this e-mail is to a) make those unaware that the option to use IDF's and
retain stock screen/decklid is areal one and b) to gauge interest in a group
buy. Auspeed won't commit to a discount until we have some numbers but I'd
expect to get at least 10% on up to five, more if we can get higher buy in.
Anyone half way seriously interested?