[DeTomaso] radiator deal

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 15:52:56 EST 2011

Chris, I use a lay-down Fluidyne for the reasons you list- service-ability
and lack of bloody knuckles when working around it. The rad position has
nothing to do with amount of cooling a Pantera rad will yield. In 2005 when I
bought my Fluidyne, molded hoses were all that were available so I innovated.
I used a pair of 1-1/4" copper sweat-solder fittings from a plumbing supply
shop (roughly $2 each) that- with a little effort and hot water, can be
slid into 1-3/8" Gates Green Stripe hose sections, to mate up with the
under-body water transfer pipes. The copper fittings are totally non-corrodable by
coolant and are very tight radius, so they work far better than any bent
tubing. Good luck- J DeRyke