[DeTomaso] How much ZDDP?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Feb 24 15:06:57 EST 2011

The hydraulic flat tappet I had in the Mach I, Ford Racing cam circa
1990, seemed to break-in just fine with the Crane break-in cam lube.
The car ran great for many years.  But, sometime later I decided to
stop paying a premium for Amsoil and switched to off-the-shelf brand
SL oil.... I wiped a cam lobe shortly after.

Was it the oils lack of Zinc and Phosphorus?  Knowing what I do now...
that's my belief.

Now I run a roller and use Amsoil again.
Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home