[DeTomaso] radiator deal

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:49:44 EST 2011

Often 3 row radiators use smaller diameter tubes to get everything packed in the same external dimension and then it is a case of higher flow (2 row) vs. higher surface area and heat transfer (3 row). However in this case both appear to use 1 inch tubes so the 3 row should be more efficient at cooling with better flow (1/3 more tubes).

The Ebay example looks to be all aluminum, but worth checking as some modern radiators are aluminum cores with plastic tanks.

The Fluidyne requires 90 degree hoses to mate with the Pantera cooling tubes and although I have never had issue with those a straight coupling section of Gates green stripe is far more rigid and resiliant IMO.

Julian