[DeTomaso] radiator deal

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 14:35:51 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/24/11 11:15:18 AM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> Do you know of any members that might be interested in purchasing a
> aluminum radiator for there Pantera? Someone on eBay is selling them for 480.00
> with a buy it now or best offer.

Thats about what I paid for a known-quality Fluidyne rad. There are two
basic construction methods for aluminum rads: all-welded and partially welded
with epoxy sealant. Failure rate of the epoxy types is much higher. Next,
there are two configurations: single pass & double pass; double pass is more
efficient and is how your stock Pantera cooling system is configured. Finally,
Fluidyne is an all-welded, two-pass, three-row rad, and is a bolt-in. There
are single row rads for drag racing and two-row types (both cheaper to
build), and some need adaption. I haven't looked on E-Bay, but any purchaser
should look for all the above features, then call his Pantera vendor and make
his best deal.
FWIW, the economy is getting worse and the Chinese are flooding us with
"almost-speed parts".   We're losing known-good suppliers rapidly. Barry Grant
just declared bankruptcy and there are more lining up. Support your vendors!

End of rant- J DeRyke