[DeTomaso] Dennis Quella's Pantera track car

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:04:33 EST 2011

I'd like to build a photo page for Dennis Quella's famous track car.

(Dennis is the owner of Pantera Performance of Colorado - PPC)

If you have a photo or two of the car (usually wears #77), would you please send them to
me?

Use the editor1 at provamo.com account for fastest processing.

What prompts this, is that I was asked about the frame/suspension/roll bar etc.,
specifically.

If I remember correctly, so correct me if I am wrong.

Long ago Dennis built the car as a tube frame race car, that he designed to wear Pantera

(fiberglass) body panels, versus once starting life as a factory built car.

I have memory of the body panels being Long & Newman (originally), or in some way
connected to Les Gray's effort.

Les, can you fill me in here when you read this?

As you all know the car is quite competitive, especially in the expert hands of Dennis, as
he continues to campaign

the car at various venues, so I hope he is bringing it to the Reno Rally(e) this year.  I
think his car is uniquely suited to

the configuration of this track.  Mike Drew, do you know if Quella has signed up?

Chuck Melton