[DeTomaso] Tail light lamp bulb options

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 00:39:23 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/21/11 4:48:30 PM, jim.mannion at mannion.info writes:

> Any other options suggestions to get best illumination and conform to the
> wiring?

Besides swapping bulbs etc, consider making the usually lousy reflectors
shiny once again. The plating in stock tail light bases is below microscopic
and can be improved upon with 'chrome' paint, with meticuluusly applied
strips of chrome tape and probably others. If the reflectors aren't shiny, it
almost doesn't matter what bulbs you use. I changed to GR-4 lights mostly
because the reflectors were excellent and light output was twice what I had. Good
luck- J Deryke