[DeTomaso] Front suspension lift mechanism

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 02:24:17 EST 2011

Hall Pantera used to sell a pneumatic lift system back in the '80s for
Panteras with low-hanging air dams to clear steep driveways and speed bumps.
Hall's system had an on-board compressor as well as a small tank and only
raised the air dam lip a few inches. I know of several air-dam-equipped Panteras
that use it for that purpose with no problems. It may still be available.
As Peter says, I would NOT advocate driving any real distance 'pumped up'
on any sort of lift system due to bad changes in all your front alignment
specs. Too much upward travel could also give mechanical binding of steering
parts. Good luck- J DeRyke