[DeTomaso] How much ZDDP?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 02:12:46 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/19/11 1:51:20 PM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> This is all speculation of course, which makes me a little nervous based
> on what I've read about insufficient levels..

Bsaed on the troubles you've had in the past with your U.S. engines in
Europe, Charlie, I understand. But generally, high ZDDP levels in flat-tappet
oils only really apply to breaking in a new high performance flat tappet cam &
lifters, or in race engines with railroad-locomotive valve springs and
over-8000 rpm running cycles. For street engines run at reasonable engine
speeds, zero ZDDP in your premium engine oil should cause no mechanical problems.
Now if you were to sign up the GT-5 for competing in the Classis LeMans....
Good luck- J Deryke