[DeTomaso] ANy first hand experience with Precision Proformance coolant pipe kit?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 20:12:08 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/19/11 10 56 24, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> There were no real fitment problems,
> however there was one piece I couldn't seem to make work.  Included was
> a small 90 degree bend that appeared to take the place of the rubber
> hose bend under the engine to the long tubes heading forward.  I just
> couldn't get that one to sit to my satisfaction with two straight pieces
> of Gates Green Stripe.  So out of all the hoses on the car, that one
> pieces is a stock rubber elbow; I didn't end up using the 90 degree
> metal pipe.

Odd.   When I had my engine out this past summer, I actually bought just
that 90-degree elbow to replace the rubber hose.   I had clearance issues in
the neighborhood (it gets crowded up there when you go with the flat firewall
kit etc.) and it made sense to clean it up.   I found I had no difficulties
whatsoever making the 90 work.   I shoulda taken photos, but I only have a
'before' photo, not after.