[DeTomaso] ANy first hand experience with Precision Proformance coolant pipe kit?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Feb 19 13:56:36 EST 2011

I recently got what amounts to be the same 10 piece kit from Hall
Pantera (Thank you to Bob Benson).  There were no real fitment problems,
however there was one piece I couldn't seem to make work.  Included was
a small 90 degree bend that appeared to take the place of the rubber
hose bend under the engine to the long tubes heading forward.  I just
couldn't get that one to sit to my satisfaction with two straight pieces
of Gates Green Stripe.  So out of all the hoses on the car, that one
pieces is a stock rubber elbow; I didn't end up using the 90 degree
metal pipe.

All the other pipes were identical to those taken off the car.  I got
the 10 piece kit since it came with four short undercar tubes instead of
long ones.  If you get the long ones then you have to take an engine out
hack some other stuff out of the way... blah, blah, blah.  With the set
of four pipes, you just slide them all in and connect with a short piece
of Gates Green Strip.  You can have the whole thing done in an
afternoon.  The biggest pain in the rear was to hack-saw the existing
old rusty long pipe -out- from under the car.   Once out, the new
two-tube setup went it nicely.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie