[DeTomaso] Pictures of the new Detomaso in flesh and blood

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu Feb 17 07:51:20 EST 2011

I'm not that negative.

1. Do they care about us?
Reading JT on how the new company sent people to POCA meet and all that,
and bearing in mind that we're probably not the target group for these
cars, I'm OK with their actions

2. Is it beautiful?
No, and neither is no other SUV like creature I've seen. Did you expect a
Pantera inflated too much, like the ugly-bugly Cayenne? Or a Touareg that
looks like a fat rollerscate with too small a hat? I look forward to the
sedan and the sportscar, with medium expectations

3. Price?
Don't expect a super car/supercar at a low price like the Pantera was.
It's simply not possible in today's automotive world. They have to sell
to people who don't care what it costs, people that like the low volume
Italian "I don't want a Ferrari like everybody else" pedigree, and of
course the car must handle great. Will any of us on this forum (sorry:
mail list) ever own one of these? After 5-10 years of depreciation, why
not? With a little luck they'll lose value very fast ;-)

If we expect this to be like 1970, anything they do will be
disappointing. But this is 2011, and maybe we should be a bit more
positive? Just my $0.02

Mikael