[DeTomaso] RV: A question I'm hoping you can answer

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 20:19:12 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/16/11 13 32 9, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> I'd recommend the next time you let the engine sit for the month,
> prior to starting it up you pull all the plugs and replace them with
> brand new.  If the problem is not there, we can surmise the hypothesis
> is true and the problem has been identified albeit not resolved.
>

>>>I think you missed the point.   The crappy, stale gas forms in the carb,
not on the plugs, when the car is parked.   If you put fresh plugs in and
then turn the key, the first thing that happens is that you coat the fresh
plugs with the crappy gas, so it wouldn't change anything.

The real solution is to start and run the car periodically even if you
don't drive it.   Don't forget to cycle the brakes and the clutch too.

Mike (prefers to just drive it!)