[DeTomaso] New de Tomaso-real photos

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:55:32 EST 2011

Larry, I'm so glad that you brought that up.  When the Aztek first came out, and all the press about how ugly - I thought, "not ugly - just different."  You want to talk ugly, talk VW beetle.  If the Aztek came out now, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.  Look at all the weird body styles out now - all the "boxes."  I've said it many times: "Modern America has way too much money and time on their hands!"  Why would anyone buy a Hummer as a daily driver!!  Or an FJ cruiser!! Or...!  Or...!  Would anyone in their right mind drive a Pantera as their daily driver (assuming you're not male, single, in your 20's.)  Another point:  if you took all brand markings off all modern 4-door sedans, and lined them up - how many average persons could correctly identify them!!!  Ha!  And, my last point:  Horsepower.  Why do 90% of 4-door sedans need more than 200 Hp???  To brag as you sign the sales slip at the dealership, and the salesman slaps you on the back and gives you a chest bump: "You da Man, dude!!!"   ---NPC Bill Lewis