[DeTomaso] Anyone with Experience with Evans NPG Propylene glycol Coolant

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Feb 14 12:32:48 EST 2011

Agreed. With a thermostat controlled cooling system cooling observations
don't mean anything unless your cooling system can not keep up. That is
where I was. Going back to regular coolant my cooling system was far
more able to keep up. While I did not measure input and exit temps the
difference quantifiable. Also, changes I made were individual one at a
time changes so I could evaluate each change individually.

I would be concerned about a 260 degree exit temp for normal cars.
Especially knowing areas of the engine are above that temp. The babbot
on melts around 350 and I don't think they would be happy at 300.

If it is say a drag racer whose engines are tore down every run, every
couple runs, may be a different story.

Suffice to say if the cooling system can't keep up it won't keep up with
Evans.