[DeTomaso] Red Line Water Wetter = Good stuff!

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Feb 8 23:54:48 EST 2011

Mike

Based on my experience, I wouldn't be so quick to judgment on Water Wetter
cooling abilities.  I ran it in my cars, including my Formula car in race
conditions with no discernable temp difference.  We primarily used it to
lubricate the water pump.

Revving the Pantera in the garage to get up to temp is hardly commensurate
to the load on an engine being driven aggressively on the street.  Take the
car for a spirited drive first to acquire a true heat soak of the engine
area.

I have seen car cooling systems able to cycle in the garage; yet not after a
true heat soak.

I'll also add that a cooling system that can recover under low humidity and
moderate temps in winter months is hardly extraordinary nor indicative of
heavier load capacity with ambient temps 30% higher.

Please rerun the test after a spirited drive by pulling into your garage and
seeing if the fans will then cycle.  Maybe they will - although , perhaps
not.

JT