[DeTomaso] Coolant amount

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 13:50:40 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/8/11 10:30:17 AM, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> A helpful mod you might consider is to screw an adapter fitting into the
> radiator's pipe-thread boss for the drain, run a short piece of 1/4' or
> 5/16"
> tubing out to a convenient place and mount your drain petcock   on the end
> of it. No need to jack up the front, no groping under the car for a drain,
> no
> mess. Works for me-

That is a beautiful idea!   Jack suggested it here years ago, and I
immediately bought the necessary hardware, but didn't install it until just last
week.   I plan to never have water dribbling all over my lower valence, again!

Here's a photo of my implementation:

The hose runs the full width of the radiator and just lays on top of the
crossmember, secured loosely with a zip tie near the end.   When it comes time
to drain the radiator, all I have to do is fish out the hose and let it
hang into a bucket.   It's a thing of beauty.

Thanks Jack!