[DeTomaso] Oil brand with ZDDT?

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 5 23:46:14 EST 2011

When my brand new cam went flat on #2 intake lobe within 300 miles (wasting all the brand new bearings and such) the engine builder said I must not have used an oil with ZDDT.
BS or not, I'm not taking any chances with this new motor. It has hydraulic lifters and is up to about 3,000 miles now. This is the third oil change.

Dan
Dan Courtney
21 Years of Excellent Representation
Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA
(858) 551-5455 P
(858) 551-5456 F