[DeTomaso] ZDDP?

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 5 19:51:10 EST 2011

Jimminy Cricket - isn't anything simple anymore with a Pantera? Not even an oil change?
The engine builder lubed the new cam with break in grease, and I ran Kendall 20/50 with ZDDP for the first 1,000 miles, and then again for the next 2,000 miles.
This time (at 3,000 miles) I'll probably use up some of the Mobil One I've been sitting on.
Their website shows a chart with the amounts of ZDDP, so assuming it hasn't changed since I bought this oil (2 years ago) I'll use their chart to figure how much ZDDP addtitive to add, without over-doing it.
First, I'll contact Mobil One and see if the formulation has changed since 2009.
It's no wonder everyone is going to hydraulic roller cams.
Here is a link to their table: http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Mobil_1_Product_Guide.pdf

Dan

Dan Courtney
21 Years of Excellent Representation
Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA
(858) 551-5455 P
(858) 551-5456 F