[DeTomaso] Any reason to not lay a ZF on it's side to add oil?

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Sat Feb 5 19:14:46 EST 2011

I would be careful drilling into the case of an assembled trans. I've heard
of doing such things with grease on the drill bit and tap in the hope of
keeping chips out of there. I don't know how much damage aluminum chips
could do in there. You could vacuum while you are doing the job and
afterwards. You could do it with the trans upside down, (now there's an
accident waiting to happen). The best time to do the job would seem to be
while the trans is apart, (now he tells me). :-((

Art